Sunday, March 10, 2013

Introduction of New Member - Brona

Hello

I'm Brona from Brona's Books.

I've been meaning to join in your Orange Challenge for quite some time. So thank you Wendy for the kind invitation and warm welcome.

My blog started when I was still in teacher mode. I focused on children's books and writing reviews that would help teachers and parents find suitable books for their children.

I've always been an avid reader, but chose not to blog about the grown-up titles I was reading.

The last few years has seen a change of career for me and I now work in an Independent bookshop managing the children's section. My job requires me to be knowledgable about all sections of the shop, not just the children's areas. With so many titles and genres to choose from it could be easy to be overwhelmed by choice!

I made the decision a long time ago to only read books I was enjoying. If by page 50 I'm not sucked in or hooked, I put it down and find something more my style. Life's to short to read a bad book!

I mainly read new release fiction, historical fiction, gentle crime, biographies and the occasional non-fiction title (history, science and philosophy are my favourites).

But lots of our customers like to know our opinions about the award winning books. So I'm attempting to play catch-up...which is where this blog comes in!

Thank you all once again and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Click here to read my first Orange post on my blog.

No comments: