Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rachel's Introduction




Hi everyone! I'm Rachel, and I'm a book-a-holic. *please cheerfully chorus "hello Rachel!"*

I am a biomedical scientist and I live in Columbus, OH. I  have two cats. The rest, you can find out in the about me section of my blog. 

I decided recently to start reading the Orange Prize winners and nominees, and have been enjoying myself quite a bit. I'm glad I found this group so I can share my blog posts! Here's a list of what I've read so far. 

Orange Prize Winners:
Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (2007)
The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller (2012)

Shortlisted books:
Wolf Hall, by Hilary Mantel (2010)

Longlisted books:
The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd (2002)
The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold (2003)
The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger (2004)
The Bastard of Istanbul, by Elif Safak (2008)

The Septembers of Shiraz, by Dalia Sofer (2008)
The Help, by Kathryn Stockett (2010)
Translation of the Bones, by Francesca Kay (2012)

1 comment:

Brona said...

Hello Rachel *wave*

I've just joined too - I look forward to reading your reviews.

Brona