Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ready for Orange January?!?!?

It is hard to believe that January is right around the corner, especially if you're like me and too preoccupied with getting ready for the holidays.

But keep this in the back of your mind as you shop, bake, wrap, and read: Orange January!

Last summer, I hosted Orange July, which was a personal challenge to read books nominated for or had won the Orange Prize. Many of my fellow readers joined me, and a lot of fantastic books were read. Since that time, Wendy at Caribousmom has started the Yahoo Orange Prize Group, and we've declared that there should be two months in a year dedicated to reading Orange Prize Books - and waa laa, Orange January was born!

The rules are simple: Commit to read at least one book that has been nominated for or won the Orange Prize. Some readers devote the entire month to Orange books while other readers read one or two. It's a personal challenge, so make it work for you. The point is to discover some great fiction by talented female writers.

I hope you will join us on our Orange adventure!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Count me in. Sorry for being a stranger at The Orange Prize Project, but you know what I have been going through by my posts at A Novel Challenge.

Judy/Intergalactic Bookworm

http://intergalacticbookworm.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

I'd like to do this, I have been reading Orange Prize winners and nominees but never posted about it. I'll do that for 2009. Sign me up please. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I'll be reading a few Orange books in January. I'm going to start the year with Digging to America, and will try to find a few more for later in the month.
I'm looking forward to it already!
Jackie